Categories of hosting solutions
A hosting service pertains to saving and/or sharing certain web content on a web hosting server administered by a website hosting supplier. There are various classes of hosting services utilized for various purposes, so let's explore them. Doing so, you can choose what you want, on the basis of whether you wish to create a weblog, electronic mail accounts, or to share files with comrades and colleagues.
- File hosting: a service provided by some web hosts, which allows you to share huge files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archives, etc. This solution is also known as file storage, and its only function is to share files, since it does not support site uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either obtain an accidentally created download link for each of them, or you will be able to explore a record of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to see .html or .php web page files in your web browser. Free-of-cost file hosting accounts are often supported by showing ads by the download links, while a timer forces you to await a certain spell of time to see them. A single file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you have a paid file hosting package, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download instantly, and also there is no restriction in regard to the download speed or the file size.
Now, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting merchandisers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more modern "cloud hosting". This is a thoroughly incongruous interpretation of the real connotation of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting environment would distribute the workload between independent bunches of web hosting servers in a cluster, which are devoted to attending miscellaneous web hosting services (email, disk space, statistics, DNS, databases, webspace hosting Control Panel, and so on.) So, the file hosting solution is only a sort of a disk storage hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: comparable with file hosting; given companies offer a hosting solution for pictures solely. This hosting brand is good if you wish to share an enormous number of images with buddies or partners since the solution is typically free of cost. You will obtain a random link for every image or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file hosting service, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the solution cannot be utilized for web sites.
- Email hosting: a solution devoted to tackling your mails. Some companies offer hosting services for web sites, but do not provide an e-mail hosting solution. If you would like to own an email address with your domain name but do not desire to possess a website, then the e-mail hosting solution is what you require. You can open electronic mail accounts and manage them, but there will be no web service for the domains. The e-mail hosting solution involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP email servers.
- Video hosting: this service permits you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to some video clip, or you can embed the video clip in your web site that is hosted elsewhere. The benefit of using this method instead of uploading the video clip in a hosting account is that the video clip creates a certain amount of central processing unit load, so with a bunch of video clips and a few hundred web page visitors, you may have trouble with your webspace hosting reserves. Embedding the video clip will permit you to own as many video clips as you wish without bothering about system reserves.
- Web site hosting: this is the service that you need if you want to keep a web site. To a certain extent, it comprises all of the abovementioned hosting groups since, along with your web sites, you can also host images and files, you can have databases and email aliases, upload video clips, and so on. At Free Hostia, for example, you can take a glance at web hosting and dedicated web server hosting services that allow you to have all of the aforementioned solutions in a single place. There may be restrictions based on the kind of hosting service that you've chosen - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your hosting plan may be better or worse compared with the usual email/file/video/image hosting accounts that are devised for specific web content only.